Sunday 1 March 2020

Leaping into a New Month

It's been a rather odd weekend. We've had the unwanted Storm Jorge battering down on us, so it's been another weekend of grand plans put aside for another day. Not to say that we didn't have a good weekend, just that we kept things closer to home!


Saturday we really put into action our plan for Lent (not that any of us are religious) but the aim is to put a bag of things together each day to give to charity (we stretched this to include my mums school, my dance schools tombola, upcyling projects and passing forward to friends). It's kicked us into action to get the loft cleared out and boy the things we have found that we don't even remember owning. Long overdue! 


Today was a an eclectic day of plans made, plans cancelled, other plans made and last minute, oh, OK, let's do that! Long story short, I got my mums summer holiday booked for her, we baby sat Wee Ben (who was far more thrilled about it than the photo makes out!) and we managed to get out to Dechmont and go ghost hunting. It was very soggy, but both dogs had good fun and it was nice to catch up with my older sister and her family. 

Ah, dechmont. It's soon to be a no go walk. They have officially started building on it and have made a small carpark around the side of the buildings for dog walkers for the time being. I must organise my younger sisters Addams Family photo shoot we'd been planning forward to her next visit! 

I've been busy craft wise! In order to keep out the storms, I've been getting creative and pushing on through the odds and ends of the up cycling bag. Lo and behold, some very retro draught excluders! I was aiming to make them as vintage and retro as possible and was super pleased with the outcome. 
There's plenty more projects in the works, so expect some odd peices next week!

And hopefully nicer weather. I think we could all do with a break in the weather! 

1 comment:

  1. Those draught excluders are do retro it hurts!

    And yes, we must arrange that photo shoot soon! Sad to see it go...

    Hopefully next weekend will be storm free!

    ReplyDelete