Sunday 15 March 2020

Everythings Gotten Real

No big surprise as to what I'm referring to, the big bad Covid-19. But let me wind back a week, and I apologise in advance for the rambling nature of this post.


The week started off with Missy playing Goldilocks in the in-laws bed. They had kindly volunteered to look after her whilst we had a sneaky trip off to Disneyland Paris. My sister was due to meet us there and we were all super excited about it. 

Monday was a laugh. Tuesday was hysterical, my husband managed to goad Captain Hook and Mickey mouse into a play fight in Cafe Mickey. Wednesday we joined the dark side and did all the star wars parades and events. Thursday, parades were cancelled and the hand san was replaced with medical grade stuff. Friday Disney announced it was going to close on the Sunday and staff were cleaning tills every five customers, were no longer taking fast passes off guests and we're having them put directly into a bin - in short, things escalated very suddenly.

My boss text me, telling me to work from home Monday. We were all in a fluster, had something happened? BBC news were reporting more of the same stuff, nothing seemed particularly crazy. We were anxious as to whether we'd even get home the air was so charged with unknowns and worries.

We got home absolutely fine. The in laws told us about the panic buying and I spotted a few silly posts on Facebook, but didn't think too much of it. 
Once we were home and actually had to do a shop, I did lose my temper. No rice, no pasta, no noodles, no potatoes, frozen section completely raided, practically no cheese and obviously the cleaning section was non existent. I do one shop a week and, being sensible, had run down the stock in the cupboard and freezer before going away. I actually needed these items. 

It's an eclectic menu this week. 

Nonetheless, we'll be fine. A work colleague messaged me today to explain my bosses cryptic text - everyone is to work from home if possible for the foreseeable, they didn't think I was some plague carrier and were separating me as a precaution, as I had feared.

Got to look on the bright side, all this time stuck at home will give me more time to focus on crafts (as well as cuddle Missy)! I was in a disney mood before the holiday and put together this cute project bag made with an old jumper that had shrunk in the wash on me.

Right, my rambling rant is done. Not sure how things are gonna pan out over the next wee while, my calender has suddenly cleared as all the events I was planning on attending have been cancelled. I'll have to look into some new places to walk Missy, that's one thing I can say that's definitely positive, the weather has started to turn to spring and its actually beginning to warm a little. So expect some new walks and a lot of craft bits! 

1 comment:

  1. Disney was a ball, shame that reality hit so hard and fast, it's my only complaint of the whole trip - but getting to troll my husband far outweighed that!

    Let's hope things settle down again soon, though looking at the news, I see no end in sight...

    ReplyDelete