Sunday 3 May 2020

A Rambling Sorta 7 days


Another odd little week that's all upside down for me. Wrapped up in this "after work drinks" moment:

"OK everyone, happy Friday!" 
*various waves and goodbyes*
*turns off laptop and looks at Missy*
"It's Monday." 
*hubby walks in* "What's Monday?" 
"Today."
*crickets and a tumbleweed blows past*
"Oh, you mean it's day 1 on, so Monday. Had me confused for a moment as its Friday!" 

So. Been a busy week in an odd rambling string of days kinda way. Got another planter built which is now nursing my broad beans and apart from that it's been work mostly! 

It's mostly been a quiet one, put attempts to wear Missy out is working and she's been enjoying the sun and chilling. I've been ripping apart the lab and shuffling things about to allow for as much social distancing as possible at the different stations, so been pretty tired when I get home. Some of the spectrometers are deceptively heavy!

Sewing wise, I'm putting together a little care package for my sister in Manchester. No, these aren't for the kids but for my sister and BIL! I've a few more bits to sew before sending it down, so my next set of days off should be busy on the sewing machine! 

At least, between all the Skype calls, my social calander has gotten quite busy now everyone has the hang of video calls!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing as I'm one of the guilty Skype offenders, I shan't comment on that!

    But in the joys of 4 on 4 off shifts, how I remember those well... Take it easy! (But seriously, I want my - I mean our - cuddles asap!)

    ReplyDelete