Sunday 10 May 2020

Beneath the Bluebells


Like most posts recently, we haven't ventured far. However, spring is well and truly in its stead and our little woods has been transformed. Its always a lovely time year as snow drops give way to carpets of bluebells and daffodils. 

Missy has definitely been enjoying the company, although my suspicions that she was raised by cats have come to light again as she always seems to be in the wrong side of the door - she's in and wants out, or out and wants in! (I feel a need to point out that she's never locked out, the sliding door is left slightly open and she can push her way in easily - but why do that when the humans will do it for you?) 

The garden is going well. I've got carrots, broadbeans and radishes out in planters, and my courgettes, tomatoes, kale, chard and sprouts are growing up nicely in the greenhouse. There's been a shortage of pallets at work, clearly everyone has the same idea of upcycling the wood! 

Missy has been enjoying the good weather too and has spent most of her time sunbathing!

Sewing has been productive if a bit sobering. I've made face coverings for my sisters family and for the hubby and I. After mass producing 30 odd masks, I'll be happy never to see the pattern again!

Next week there will be some more exciting sewing, but I'll wait until then to say any more. 

1 comment:

  1. Missy is definitely part cat! And lovely photos of her in the bluebells! Also, the masks are incredibly appreciated - I feel partially bad asking for them, but also incredibly grateful. If you ever need a good turn...

    ReplyDelete