Wednesday 5 June 2024

Taking a Break


Is this it, is this the year I figure out how to avoid burnout by taking weekends off during the summer peak season? Absolutely not, though I wish it were so - I'm trying to our summer holiday and have now fully itemised four different options. No, this is the year that hubby has a new job which is mentally challenging him and he is much better at saying no than I am!

So we had a "quiet" one. Which meant I spent Saturday morning hacking back the grass following no mow may (you will not believe how much grass grows in a month) before furiously craftingto try and avoid the inevitable Con-crunch. And then we went to the circus with my mum (technically our Christmas gift!).

My "relaxing" Saturday!

Sunday was another round of the garden (yep, I had to mow it again to get all the bits the mower struggled to cut first time). Then my Brother showed up for a hang out at Dobbies and a nice dog walk to celebrate his birthday early.

And that was it. Quiet? I guess so. Relaxing? Not really. Worthwhile? Absolutely. I've gotten my nephews costume done, 80% of hubby's and mine has been cut and assembly has begun on my Harkonnen. I tell you, if mechano and jigsaws are too easy, try assembling 3d printing with only the vaguest of a drawing as the instructions!

But more on that on a later date!

Till next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! I don't think your capable of a quiet weekend!

    ReplyDelete