Sunday 14 January 2024

Linhouse Glen


The first adventure of 2024 is done! That's not to say I haven't been busy - yesterday was a non-dog-friendly trip to the Irn Bru Carnival which was a blast, but left me both exhausted and too full of sugar.

So what to do when you have a day to yourself, you're tired but restlessly full of sugar and low key anxiety? Go for a two hour walk to see what you can find. 

Which is how I ended up at Linhouse Glen with Missy. We have previously explored this Scottish Nature Reserve, but it was a fleeting visit against the oncoming dark, so it was nice to have the morning to freely roam with the only threat bimeing the potential loss of a welly in the mud. 

Missy enjoyed herself too - between busy working schedules, the ongoing battle of the early nights and general life ad nauseum, she's been getting the park walk twice a day every day. It's a good walk, and most consider us very lucky to have it on our doorstep, but even I was getting bored of the same circle (hubby and I go in different directions, so one walk is clockwise and the other anti clockwise, to try and bring some variety to the day for Missy). 


Despite the cold, it was a pleasant walk. No sensible creature is awake from hibernation yet, so Missy trotted from tree to tree and sniffed to her hearts content. I also had a moment of childhood joy as a train passed us at the crossing point - it carried freight, and there's something thrilling about such a machine blasting past you in close proximity. 
If course we were very safe, and Missy was securely on her lead as we crossed. Although there was a moment of hilarity when, instead of going under the style to get to the path, Missy nimbly hopped onto the step, turned and sat down primly. 
2
Guys. It's finally happened. The dog is now asking for her photo to be taken! I'm sure no one would belive me, but I managed to catch it on film as I was gathering footage for a tiktok. 

I am proud to say though that she has a good eye! :


1 comment:

  1. She has definitely got a good eye! And that tiktok in question is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete