Thursday 11 January 2024

A Very Quiet Start


Missy has the right plan I feel, hiding under the covers and letting winter pass over. As implied in my last post, my Big Sisters MIL made it home, and sadly passed away on the first of January. She's the last of that generation on my side, which I think has added more profoundly to the loss. I've been doing my best to support my sister, mostly just lending an ear and some kind words.

We did our usual and stayed with friends for the Bells, and had my Manchester sister up for First Footing. We coordinated a play date for all the kids, which in hindsight, was a great idea as we adults weren't our best when we got the news. 

I like to think my somewhat subdued energy was forgiven when my neice and nephew received thier viking outfits - they can now join thier mum in the living village at the reenactments. My neice,rather coincidentally had viking homework and had to film a little video about viking Home Life. My sister had been honest in that my niece deliberately dragged those little heels in order to to film in her outfit, which she knew was on its way. I had to speed up my deadline, but I think it paid off. I even had time to make my sister a cloak in green wool during thier stay. 

There was less a mini Xmas and more a gathering of the clan during thier visit and then they were off. I took my eldest neice and nephew out rollerskating on the Saturday, mostly to get them out the house and also to let my neice know that it's OK to have fun even if you are mourning. 

And that's been it. Work has been a hit the ground running sort of week and I can't complain, it's been good to get back in the swing of things. Talking about the swing of things, I'm wanting to get into a good routine this year with adventures and get Missys tiktok going a it more, but I've decided resolutions can start in February this year.

Until whenever I next post, stay safe and give those you love a wee hug. 

1 comment:

  1. Big hugs from all of us to yourselves. I too agree with Missy and plan to start this whole new year thing in a little bit, when I'm more ready.

    Felix's homework got top marks and was used to demonstrate how the script was followed, in words and by the way the camera moved and changed. There was also much fawning over how the homework had been 'fully embraced' with wardrobe and location 😹

    ReplyDelete