Monday 11 December 2023

Santa Paws is Coming to Town


I mean, we all know which ones on the nice list and which ones on the naughty list!

This weekend we had not one, but two trips to see Father Christmas. The first one my brother insisted we book back in September which was the official Grotto experience at Dobbies. That was tremendous fun as we arrived early enough to bump into the back if the previous slot, so we were in a lovely queue of dogs all in thier Christmas jumpers.

Maisie was clearly keen to impress as she bravely put up with bring in hers whilst Missy got lots of attention as the cutest one in a llama jumper as both hubby and I wore ours. Cringy. Maybe. But dud we make a lot of people smile? Absolutely. Which makes it all worthwhile. 

After a stop at the Dobbies cafe for breakfast (it would have been rude not to! ) we headed over to Jollyes for thier 1 year anniversary party, featuring (you've guessed it) Santa Paws!

He was clearly feeling more energetic after a morning cuddling dogs - we were treated to a sing along and stories before being given chocolates. 

Not a bad wee day! 

Sunday was a sewing day. I had completed the last of the Christmas sewing on Thursday and was pleased to get on with a different project. A pair of bride and groom sloths are slowly coming together (no pun intended) and I'm pleased with how they have turned out so far.

I had Maisie again so my brother could push on with his Xmas shopping and then I picked up hubby from work and we went along to the Beecraigs Festival of Light with my older sister, BIL and nephew. To say it's been a year for my poor sister is an understatement and truth be told, I think she really needed the distraction. Hubby and I were running about with out nephew and generally being upbeat and silly, who resulted in some of the nicest photos of my nephew taken this year! My sister held an owl and hubby got his photo with "Weegie Olaf" at "Freezin" and Anna and Elsa too.

My sister lamented about not being able to bring the dogs, but thats the way it is, the event was far too busy to drag a poor dog about in. 
And I'm sure Missy was pleased for the quiet evening. She was beat after a weekend putting up with her cousin (who we were shocked to learn had made it onto the nice list, she clearly smuggled some cookies in that jumper) and was sound asleep when we eventually got home.

All in all, a fan wee weekend. 
And there's more Christmas fun to come! 
Until next week! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite the week! And Maisie definitely slipped Santa some cookies to get in that nice list!

    ReplyDelete