Sunday 7 November 2021

Seven Lochs Wetland Park


Another busy little weekend! We hosted a long overdue Murder Mystery on Saturday which, between last minute charity shop hunting for a tweed jacket and giving the whole house a deep clean, took over the whole day. It was well worth the effort though and we now have 2 more friends converted.

After much humming and hawing, I studied the COP26 site and determined that there would be no demonstrations and a trip to Glasgow would be safe to pick up our wonderful pottery from a few weeks back. I then had a look at walks near to the area of Glasgow I had to visit and spotted the Seven Lochs Wetland Park.

My mum arrived at mine early with a collar my older sister had bought for Missy. It's not as random as it sounds, it being a poppy collar for Remembrance Day. 

It's unusual to see Missy out of the trademark pink, but she does rather suit the blue. The Seven Lochs Wetland provided a beautiful backdrop for some lovely photos of Missy!

The park itself was easy to find, parking was a bit tight but we found a space and the place was huge. My mother loved the paved paths best though as we spent an hour mooching about and exploring the little side paths. With all the recent rain I had been worried we'd need wellies, but the paths and weather held out for us as we strolled in the Autumnal scenery.

This week I've been busier than one of Father Christmas' elfs sewing and stitching, but I've been enjoying the challenge! I have quite a list to still work through, but I think I'm more than halfway through it! 

However, for now I'm going to take a moment and admire by lovely plate alongside my mums. She did try very hard to sneak off with both, but I held firm to Missys! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the plates! And Missy looks beautiful in her new collar, though I do miss the trademark pink...

    ReplyDelete