Sunday 4 July 2021

New Chapters

It's been a very strange week. Firstly we had Wee Ben and, whilst his sleeping did improve, I will confess I was very pleased to have the bedroom dog free again on Thursday night! For the most part though, his stay went very well. Sunshine and sleepy doggies, a very good combination.
One small win, we had to swap Ben onto a strict feeding schedule to match Missy (he was left to basically free graze at home, which, when you own a dog who will eat until she's sick, is a straight no-no) and his appetite was so improved that my sister has decided to keep him on it. Whilst all dogs are individuals, I do think they benefit from a routine.

The main event of the week was hubby leaving his job. After being made redundant, his retail days have now passed and he's set to move onto new pastures closer to his technical background. It's all for the better, but it is difficult when the choice to move wasn't really his.
The staff closed shop to the public on Friday and then had Saturday to empty and strip the store. Seeing the photos of the empty unit really hit home that this was the end of his retail family, of 8 years since he opened the store to the public to now closing the shutters fof the last time. 

With covid, trying to organise a night out was impossible, so we offered to host a garden party and do take out pizza. Missy was in top form being cute and getting all the cuddles and it went well.
Until the heavens opened. So we all had to go inside and the ground floor of my house was basically taken over! Everyone had a great time and, with promises of a proper garden party later in the summer, the house felt oddly empty. I do miss my social get togethers, even when I barely know anyone there!

The poor weather continued into the the Sunday which was my nephews birthday. We tried for a nice walk but failed when the umbrellas gave out to the onslaught! 
Nonetheless, he was happy with his pressies and we dog sat wee Ben again so he could go do something fun indoors at the centre. 

A quiet day, but needed.

I think the next week or so is going to be a bit strange until we settle into a new routine and hubby gets into his new job.

I did manage to find time this weekend to finish the baby sampler for my friend. Name is still to be added, but that can't be done until baby arrives. My to do list is getting slowly shorter. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad that wee Ben did improve! Saddened though at it being the end of an era for the BIL...

    ReplyDelete