Sunday 25 July 2021

An Unexpectedly Busy Week

Well, despite my promises to have a quiet week, fate had plans otherwise.
I have a terrible compulsion when the weather is nice to work on the garden, so I've been quite physically tired (but it must be done, when else in Scotland will there be two dry days on the bounce?). Then Friday (as I was mowing both lawns, cutting the hedge and getting the weeding done) disaster struck. In an attempt to avoid a car that had pulled out of a junction in front of him, hubby mounted the verge and blew both passenger side tyres. So his early getaway turned into him getting home after 7pm whilst I was having kittens the whole time. 

We had already organised a get together with a friend at Jupiter Artland on the Saturday and, after explaining the situation, she kindly offered to pick us up too. 
Panic one over. Saturday morning rolls round and I'm looking at the poor car (hubby had to drive it with 2 safety tyres before it was abandoned at the closest garage to the house) and the MOT centre. Google said it was open. The opening hours sign said it was open. But the shutters were down and no one was answering the phone. 
Hubby and I were both flustered and cross at the situation. Thankfully I remembered my brother had booked someone to come out and replace his tyre and, after a few tense moments where we tried to figure out what tyres we needed, Halfords were booked in the next morning to fit them.
A sigh of relief. 
A text popped through, our friend asking if we were at the house...

We legged it down and, after some confusion about when we were booked in for, I panic packed the day bag and off we went.
Thankfully the rest of the day went very well from there. We bought lunch as a thank you and wandered about the grounds, enjoying hearing our friends thoughts as she saw the peices for the first time. The amythests were her favorite, we magpies do flock together!
We also braved Mimi again, and this time I stuck through the 8 minute video. We all agreed that we understood the message (and that the trigger warnings were appropriate) but that it was a bit on the nose. 
I was then reminded by my friend of her mannequin phobia, so at least we both had company in our awkward uncomfortable-ness about the place!

This morning was taken over a but by the wheels being replaced on the car. I decided to clear the schedule and focus on some sewing, putting my big project to one side for a little bit to focus on my new monthly treat:

A sewing subscription box! This one is from Oakapple Haberdashery and is thier "Sew Darn Sweet Box"

So this months project was tissue holders, but I thought they'd make excellent poo bag holders when on the dog walk! Because everyone deserves to be fabulous on a walk! 

1 comment:

  1. A sewing description box?! That's as dangerous as me getting a yarn one! (They exist, many, many exist, and the temptation is real...)

    Super cute results but also, oh no! When is your run of bad luck going to end?! (Also, I have done exactly what your hubby did, only I had to wait to get rescued as I only had one spare tyre!)

    ReplyDelete