Sunday 27 June 2021

Wee Bens Come to Visit


Its been a very quick weekend - mostly due to the arrival of Wee Ben who is going to be staying with us for a few days. My sisters family are taking her MIL up to Brechin for a few days and, owing to covid and everyone waiting to staycation, were unable to get a place that would allow dogs.

I'm working from home full time at the moment so I volunteered to have him. As a thank you, my BIL was round yesterday doing maintenance on some of my windows and the doors (I can now open and unlock the front door without aggressively wiggling the handle, so a definite win for me, though I regret not having it sorted sooner!). Him to-ing and fro-ing and a few dog walks completely filled in my Saturday.

Wont lie, last night was a bit of a challenge - he has seperation anxiety and my hope that Missy being dowstairs with him would mean that he would sleep fine down there didnt prove true. We persisted to ignore the barking and scratching at the bedroom door for an hour (and four trips to return him to his crate) before conceding defeat and putting his crate in our room. Which meant we also had to bring in Missys bed too. I'm a ridiculously light sleeper, so two dogs randomly shaking and turning around just served to keep me up most of the night.


That meant todays plan was to make sure I wore off his little socks so he might give sleeping downstairs a chance (will update you all on the success/failure of that next week!). I'd already organised a girls get together in Perth so Ben got to be an honorary girl for the day. I will say though, an extra dog is a lot of work and it took me ages this morning getting them both organised (thankfully Missys old harness fitted him, or we'd have had to brave putting him alone in the boot) and just simple things like having them both clipped into the car was suddenly a time consuming task.

It was the usual tag team of Brewdog followed by the Brew and Chew with a walk along North Inch in between and South Inch before going home. Missy was on top behaviour, which she is prone to do when with another dog. She's learned somewhere along the way that she gets far more attention by showing up her canine companions than trying to be naughty! For that I am very glad!


The three of us all took turns walking the different dogs and I think I may have convinced one of my friends that she really needs one in her life! It was a really nice day with a lot of chatting, good food (and glorious cake) and nice walking in the good weather. I couldnt have asked for a nicer day.

Both dogs are snoring now - so my objective of wearing them out seems to have been a success! 

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully he sleeps better for you now! Good to see you having fun with the extended family member around!

    ReplyDelete