Sunday 7 March 2021

Mindful March


It's been a week. It's the kind of week where you stumble off the hurdle and spend the rest of it flailing to the finish line which you're positive someone has to have moved by at least an extra 2 days.

It started well enough, this month launched the the #mindfulmarch photo contest with Dog Furiendly, which I've been looking forward to for a while now. I've got a list of nice quotes and so far I've managed a new photo for every day. Some of the challenges are quite easy - jump for joy, something green, but others I've had to think a little outside the box on (such as Love, above). 

This is actually my third attempt at today's blog. Whilst I won't shy away from a bad week on here, I've seemed it too negative. So just know it sucked. Nothing actually bad, just lots of stress and the people about us viewing everything as not just a grey cloud, but surely a tsunami.

Everyone has struggled this week. I urge you to reach out and check in on someone who's been quiet. You might not be ae to help, but reminding them you are thinking of them will do far more good than you can imagine.

So. The highlights of my week in lockdown. 

Finished Neil Gaimans Neverwhere. I struggled with the book, so listened to him reading it and found it far more enjoyable. 

Managed all 7 photos this week for the mindful March challenge. 

Finished this epic papercraft that has been sitting in my loft for nearly a decade:

Planted my first crop for the year: potatoes

Finished season 3 of Star Wars Rebels. 

And lastly watched Raya and the last dragon and now need to make Missy a dragon costume. I'm sure if she could speak she would be overwhelmingly optimistic. 

Who am I kidding, she's probably more a Kermit:

I urge you all to take a moment and think of an achievement from the week. Then reach out and say hi to someone. Check in on those who are too busy trying to look happy and put together to check in on themselves.

I'll leave you on some words I found whilst doing my homework on mindful march:

“There are a thousand reasons to live this life, every one of them sufficient” ― Marilynne Robinson 

1 comment:

  1. Big, big hugs. I know exactly how you feel, as that was me last week and you where the one to check in on me, and for that I thank you hugely.

    I have personally found the following quote uplifting and inspiring in difficult times:

    "Every challenge along the way, with courage I will face, I will battle everyday, to claim my rightful place!'

    And if you don't find yourself singing the Pokémon theme at the top of your lungs, then you need a serious dose of cuddles!

    ReplyDelete