Sunday 14 February 2021

Snowy Valentines


Its been a funny old week. There's been highs and lows and everything in between. 

After my extravagant attempt last week to cheer everyone up, it was my turn to turn into a flump. I completely lost interest in my crafts, I was losing patience with the home schooling and I felt trapped in a perpetual groundhog day. The snow had returned with a vengeance and I was ready to call it quits.

Hubby, bless him, was very good with me and pandered to my mood, offering nice things to do and organising calls with friends. Owing to the snow, we've been more cooped up than usual, so getting to see some different faces was a nice change. Missy's paw is all better, so she's been enjoying the snow this time round which has been nice to see, although I do wish she would stop eating so much of it!


I was caught out on Chinese New Year, remembering it on Thursday so didn't have time to make anything special for dinner or organise a cute photoshoot with Missy (my niece and nephew always appreciate silly photos of Missy). Determined not to make the same mistake for Valentines, I roped hubby into setting up the photoshoot for Missy. Like a lot of people, we did most of our Valentines celebrations on the Saturday; I'd organised a family call for the afternoon and I spent the late morning going around the zoo with Missy and the hubby. The zoo really has been a life saver in terms of getting out to do something, and the animals did not disappoint us - although the goat was very cheeky sticking his tongue out at us!

Todays been a quiet day getting on with jobs, and my sewing mojo has returned - one day I will finish my Hamilton Spencer jacket, if all the hand stitching doesn't kill me first!


1 comment:

  1. Aww, lots of hugs! As you frequently say to me, it's ok to not be ok, and as you have been nothing but motivation for all of us, you deserved a few off days just to get it out your system. Glad your hubby was on hand though!

    ReplyDelete