Sunday 20 September 2020

Vikings and Saxons


This weekend felt almost like a return to normal, which I've really needed. 

Restrictions are ramping up again and I feel like every tiny piece of freedom I have earned through good behaviour has been taken away from me because there are those who wont behave. So I was pleasantly surprised that the tourist board gave Duncarron Medieval Fort the go ahead to continue with their Vikings and Saxons event. The main rule (in addition to the 2m) was for everyone, Vikings included to wear masks.


The weather was that perfect mix of sunny but not particularly hot, which is what Missys like best. We arrived for the event starting and watched the Vikings parade into the village before browsing the stalls. Missy in was in full tart mode and was cuddling up to everyone who would look at her and was clearly loving the attention. After some axe throwing (which hubby was far better at than me), we were shown lots of weaponry and then watched some Viking fighting.


What was particularly nice was that as it was a re-enactment event for re-enactors, which meant that a lot of the stalls were selling supplies. Hubby got a very nice magicians hat that I plan to draft a pattern from, and I managed to get some really nice fabric. I'm justifying breaking my fabric buy ban with the fact that I have earmarked projects for it all!

Talking of projects, hubby convinced me to make a bag for one of his solitaire games: Castellion. Basically he needed a tile bag, but one wasn't going to fit in the box. The solution was obvious, make the box fit in the bag! 


1 comment:

  1. I love your solution of putting the box in the bag! Also, yes, I am with you on the good/bad behaviour thing. I just want lockdown to end!!!

    ReplyDelete