Sunday 6 September 2020

R for aRt


We finally got a sunny day at Jupiter Artland! 

We've been using our passes a fair bit for Jupiter Artland as, once we saw the whole place and got the layout down, its provided us with an interesting place for a dog walk. Because whilst Missy likes forest, it's nice to go somewhere different once in a while!

This week our letter for the #leadthewayatoz was R, and it really added a fun element to the walk about Jupiter Artland as we looked for obvious R words, and tried to find unusual ones too. The above photo captures many rhomboids, which was my hubbies find, and he's still very smug about it! 
With the nicer weather, it was much busier today, but once we were past the cells there wasn't much human traffic and we had free reign to continue our R quest.

In other news, I've officially finished in the labs and go back to my normal role tomorrow - the thought of an 8 hour day seems delightful after months of 11 hour slogs. I've really missed those few hours in the evening where I could fit in some sewing, or play a game, and I'm looking forward to getting that time back. Hopefully I'll be more productive! 

Speaking of productive, that's my first Christmas present out the way. This fabulous Mickey Mouse quilt for my older sister who is Disney mad but wants to look more put together and mature. 
Basically she was singing the praises of the quilts I had made my eldest neice and nephew, so I felt it was a safe bet to make one for her. Her bed is a super king, so this is officially the largest quilt I've made at a whopping 90 inches square. The hand stitching on the border was enough to drive me demented, but it's worth it for the overall look. 

Now onto the next Xmas pressie! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day out and that is an amazing (and huge) quilt!

    ReplyDelete