Sunday 13 September 2020

The Natural Nemorivagant

If you haven't guessed, this weeks letter is N. 
Nemorivagant is a rarely used word to describe someone who enjoys walking in woodland, and its a word that perfectly summarises Missy. So sit back and enjoy seeing her enjoy her favourite place in Nature, the woods.

Its been a busy week; the hubby took his brother to Alton Towers for a few days, so my first week working from home was really an alone experience. Missy kept me company, dozing away on the spare bed whilst I battled against IT and all the teething problems long term home working causes. I ordered a new monitor and keyboard through work and took Missy on a walk around Eliburn Park so that I could pick them up (which was handy) and then I lost hours due to IT just settling in.
But I got there. I had to borrow a chair from the office (I spent longer having to read the 8 page health and safety guide, watch the demo video and then provide contact details than I actually spent in the office) as I'm too old these days to hunch over a desk for hours. My sewing space has been completely dismantled and dispersed about the house, so every project seems to take twice as long, but my intention is that as I make a new space, I'll have it organised perfectly. I just need to persevere a little longer!

Sewing has gone well - I have completed two Christmas projects and finished my nieces birthday gift over the last two/three weeks. I have plans for another three Christmas makes, possibly four, depending on time. I cant share any of them just now as I don't want to spoil any surprises!

Hubby and BIL both survived Alton Towers in one piece and I think they've managed to get away with one of the last holidays again with the new restrictions coming in.
I'm not gonna lie, its wearing me down. But then I look at Missy and realise that perhaps I should think more dog, she's happy. She gets to go on nice walks and enjoy nature. She is surrounded in love and attention within the four walls we live in, more would be nice, but she's happy to just have us. And she lives in the forever now.
I suppose what I'm trying to say if focus on the little things that make you happy as we weather the big problems. And here's a picture of Missy being cute if you need help on a little happy thought.

1 comment:

  1. I think we could all do with being just a bit more like Missy, very well put!

    ReplyDelete