Sunday 26 July 2020

Returning to Old Haunts


I'm gonna start with that this weekend, well, the 3 of the 4 days rota off I have, has been a really good one. 

On Friday the hubby and I had booked into the 5 Sisters Zoo for a afternoon slot. Ordinarily I hate late starts, especially 4pm (the earliest slot we could get) but it worked out perfect. I got a lie in (if 6am is considered a lie in), took Missy out on a nice walk around Murieston which neither of us have done for ages and then I baked some cake and totally chilled out for the bulk of the day.
By the time 4pm rolled on round, I felt energised enough for the zoo and was in a super happy mood. We got lucky with the animals too; the otters were out and putting on a show, the lions were showing off as usual and the wolves made a guest appearance:

An awesome afternoon, and it put me on the right foot for the rest of the weekend.

Yesterday was a long overdue girls trip to Perth. I met my Inverness based friend alongside my more locally based one and we went to Brewdog for some pizza and then to the Brew and Chew, which we have decided is our Perth haunt. We always end up there - but the cake is just so reasonably priced, how can you resist?

Despite forecasted thunder and lightning, it was a beautiful day and we sat outside at both venues (which we were more comfortable doing, to be honest) and then enjoyed a nice stroll along both North and South Inch. It was a good day for dog spotting, which always makes a great day perfect, and we all had a really nice time. 

The evening was spent with a social distanced party as another friend celebrated her birthday. There was Say Anything, Jenga and Throw Throw Burrito - so a good day all in all! The cake (because there must be cake) was this Haunted Mansion inspired piece:

Which went down very well! 

Today has been a sewing day. I've gotten quilt fatigue, so I've put the Christmas one aside for now and decided on a single day make:

It's loud, but I'm loving this Lion King backpack. It's really a test run of the pattern as my eldest neice wants to make a drawstring backpack, so I wanted to make sure the pattern was within her abilities. It was easy, it's fun and quirky, and best of all, it's deceptively huge in the inside.

I think we may see some more of this style of bag in the future! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fantastic weekend! I am jealous of that cake - it's spook-tacular!

    And that bag just screams cheerful to me! Rollin next weekend for more adventure!

    ReplyDelete