Sunday 12 July 2020

Onwards to Adventure!


I'm feeling a bit more upbeat about life in the pandemic this week. We got out and about on some adventures, saw family and friends and life is slowly getting a little more normal. 

We started my four days off by finishing Jupiter Artland. The weather was much fairer for us and we enjoyed a picnic at the Lovebomb art piece. Whilst it as good to finish the works of art, it was also fun to redo some of the other sculptures and see how they changed with the different weather. I particularly enjoyed the Cells landscaped sculpture (above, with Missy), in the better weather. The contrast of the green grass and deep blue water was more profound, and it was nice to see kids playing about on them, enjoying their early taste of freedom.


After that my days off were spent on my own as the hubby was called into work to get the store set up and ready for Mondays opening. I spent a day in to myself, which was a real novelty, and then spent my last two days going out. I met my brother at Harperrig Reservoir one day (Maisie has now been groomed and looks much better for it, though wouldn't sit still for a photo for me!) and then I met a friend at Harlaw Reservoir.


We got lucky with the weather at Harlaw. It was bright but not too hot and sunny. Proper Missy weather! She was on form posing for me and we spent two and a half hours catching up and making plans for life after lock down. 

Sewing wise its been a bit slow. I have a few projects running in tandem but they are all at that lengthy assembling stage. Perhaps next 4 off I'll finish one of them!

1 comment:

  1. Its great seeing life slowly return to normal for you through the blog posts - and Missy just keeps looking happier and happier!

    ReplyDelete