Sunday 9 August 2020

A Peculiar Fortnight


Its been a pretty crazy pair of weeks - we've had heat waves and flash floods and visits have gone into disarray. I had my sister up for a social distanced visit and then Manchester went into lockdown. After panic and deliberation, we decided there was no point in her cutting the visit short and made the most of it.

It was a crazy trip. We did the Rose Gardens and had a big get together - Big Sis turns 40 today and my dad popped over from Ireland for a surprise visit. We went to butterfly world and then go rained off out of the zoo. Strangely, that was one of my favourite days, we had pancakes for breakfast and then I made the kids the most bubbliest bath they had seen. Its the small things I enjoy most, like watching the delight and amusement had by all, child and adult, at picking carrots. There was broad beans and kale too, but lets be honest, the Russian roulette of what colour the next carrot might be was the most exciting part of harvesting the garden. 


Yes. Heritage carrots. Most have been white and yellow, a fair amount of orange and a small handful of purples which I think mustn't be as hardy as the other colours. Either way, carrots are most definitely being planted again next year.


Missy got a big treat from her human cousins, a dried deer leg. Shes been getting it for an hour at a time and its definitely a new favourite for her. I'm not sure what the neighbours think of it, no ones said anything yet!

I didn't get much time for crafts, but I fitted in lots of board games and time to talk and catch up, so for that I'm happy. I also got given some new fabric, and have a list of new projects I want to start, so hopefully there will be some fun things soon to show off. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Missy loves her pressie from me!

    And the carrots where definitely one of my highlights!

    Though Aunty Rachel's more bubbles than water bubble bath has gone down in infamy!

    ReplyDelete