Sunday 5 April 2020

Crime Scene

It was one of those early spring days, when the morning is cool and crisp but by mid afternoon it's very pleasant out. It was unusually quiet on the morning rounds, although this freed up the squirrels for the hunting hound to chase...

OK. I have might have been listening to far too much Poirot and Mrs Marple than is actually healthy, but they have helped fill in the quiet of my evenings. The greatest problem with this lock down is that, as we can't go anywhere, our conversation is mostly about conversations with other people. Of course I have been getting out to work, but it's a routine lab so one day is much like the other, providing that the instruments behave themselves.

So is there a murder? 

Missy has certainly found herself in a crime scene, well, the crime scene challenge that it. Its hard to see on the rug, but there is an outline of treats about her, the crime scene outline. Basically the company that does the dog walking also does training, so they have been setting lock down challenges to help keep the pooches occupied. Missy has aced them all so far and it's been fun to do. 

We haven't ventured far from the usual beaten path this week, but have picked out some nice routes for next week that we are hoping to try. 

My latest craft project is most definitely resembling a crime scene! (I have just finished a big project, but haven't had the chance to get it on the dress form for photos).

And that's it, really, the second official week of lock down. My mum has volunteered to help deliver food to the kids at her school that are struggling (just Wednesdays) and I think that will do her the world of good. She claims she's happy in her own company, but I think this last fortnight has made her realise just how out and about she is and how often we all visit, as she was starting to suffer from cabin fever. 

That's it really. I've organised a virtual Easter picnic for next weekend, so there are sure to be some photos of that at the least! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the crime scene! I think we're all going a little crazy now to be honest - so I am fair looking forward to the virtual Easter picnic!

    ReplyDelete