Sunday 2 June 2019

A busy week and Calmity Forest

It's been a pretty crazy week, but a pretty awesome one. 

After a whirlwind visit from the in laws who took Missy away on her holidays, it was a double family holiday to Disneyland Paris with my sister, her hubby and two kids. Its the first time I've done Disney with kids - my niece and nephew being 2 and 5 respectively, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it went amazingly. 


Of course there was some tantrums, but they were of the sort triggered by having too much happy - my nephew was inconsolable after two goes on Casey Junior, and then a boat ride and then a Mickey Mouse pizza! It was great to see the delight on their faces and see them truly believe in the magic of it all. I couldn't honestly pick my favourite parts, but watching my niece explore the Cheshire Cat Maze was definitely one of them!


Missy didn't miss out on any fun and was spoiled completely rotten whilst away with her grandparents. I was sent daily updates of the places they all visited and what friends she had made. She was returned to us Saturday morning and, at time of writing, is still sleeping off the week, much like the rest of us!

We decided to go to Calmity Forest today as it was pointed out as a good walk to us by the FIL when we were visiting Ruby. It was a delightful riverside walk that, in drier weather, would be a definite recommend. Its clearly rained all week whilst we were away as the ground is absolutely saturated through (and my garden has sprouted like crazy).


Missy certainly enjoyed the walk - she was hunting voles in the long grass and sniffing along the old deer trails. Its funny how empty the house felt without her, even with all my family staying. Very pleased to have her back!


I didn't get much sewing done whilst away, but I'll share this fabulous set of short dungarees I made for my niece as part of her Disney experience. Shes a big Darth Vader fan (and yes, we did queue to meet him) so I felt the print was just perfect. An added bonus is that the white bits all glow in the dark too!

1 comment:

  1. It was certainly an amazing trip and definitely something to do again in the future!

    ReplyDelete