Sunday 11 February 2024

Peeking through the Snowdrops


It's been a busy run. After the dash up to Aberdeen and back following our Disney holiday,I've hit the ground running. A full day in person team meeting and a two day conference on Flood Resilience (with the current weather, does that not seem apt?) I've barely had time to do very much!

My Inverness based friend joined me in the last day of the conference, and that meant she stayed with us for the weekend. Missy views visitors as a slightly different hot water bottle to try, but we managed to keep her from the worst of her Goldilocks antics! Instead we enjoyed a nice walk around Dechmont all together before my friend and I gave up in the bad weather and settled to tea and crafts. An avid fantasy fan, she wanted to make a mist cloak and I was happy to oblige.


Sadly, I didn't get a better picture. We then had another friend visit for board games and played Ivor the Engine. It's been a verygood-for-the-soul sort of few days, with much grazing of snacks (after a comment I made at the conference in jest, about being on a hobbit schedule of being fed every hour and a half, we sort of jokingly rolled with it) and seeking adventures when weather permitted. 

Although I'm now trying to rationalise how this will sound at work next week - oh, we had a lovely time as Hobbits, we went to an insane asylum, made a mist cloak and then spent an evening saving lost sheep in Wales. Perhaps the less said, the better! 

Then it was brunch out with my Disney friend (we three make the caballeros) before my Inverness friend headed home. It was then a dog walk with another friend at the House of Binns to admire the snowdrops. 

I keep saying it's going to be a quiet weekend, but we all know that isn't going to happen! 
Until next time, "I'm going on an Adventure!". 



1 comment:

  1. I do love that mist cloak, I'm a big fan of the mistborn series!

    ReplyDelete