Monday 2 October 2023

Trekking Up and Down the UK

 

Its been a pretty busy couple of weeks! On top of the usual day to day life and drama, we've managed to fit in some very busy weekends.

First of all it was Open doors Day on the 23rd and we went out to the Lothian Buses depo. Open Door Day encourages businesses to allow the public in for a behind the scenes look and has been going on for years. This was the first time however that I was made aware of a dog friendly day, so of course I had to take the chance and go along with Missy.

It was a good day, we got to sit on an open top tour bus and have a drive around the depo, hearing about the history of the building before going onto another bus (with a roof!) to go through the bus wash. There was lots of vintage buses to have a wander about and plenty of volunteers ready to chat with us.


Sunday was a quick dash to Keswick and back to see my niece for her birthday. It was my brothers idea, so him, my mum, the two dogs and myself made the journey all together. We first had lunch where I got to catch up with my niece and nephew and then it was a revisit to the pencil museum owing to poor weather. Here I took Maisie and accompanied my brother as he filled in the quiz - after all his mocking of the idea of a Pencil Museum, he actually really enjoyed the day!


Then it was a full week of work.

Then Saturday was a Halloween photoshoot before getting the house in tip top condition for a very special VIPet, Ren. Rens pawrents are away to Oz for two weeks and, owing to difficult circumstances on their end, we agreed to have Ren. Its not the best two weeks for us owing to other commitments, but he's a very easy going dog, so we'll make it work.

Then yesterday was a quick trip up to Stirling with the eldest neice to practice her photography and also fit in a Howl-o-ween dog show. Ren isn't one for dressing up, so in honour of his folks going to Oz, I made him a little Steve Irwin outfit and Missy donned her pirate one. Both were beaten by a poodle dressed as Audrey 2 from little shop of horrors, and it was a well deserved win for Storm.


And then it was a nice walk about Stirling to enjoy the last of the autumn sunshine and each others company before heading back home and getting organised for another week of work. I've been paired up as a buddy to a new start who joined the team today - he seems lovely, but it's gonna be a very busy run of things I can tell! 

Until next time, embrace the spooky season! 

(Missys photoshoot will be shared later in the month, I promise its worth the wait!) 

1 comment:

  1. Was a great short visit in Keswick even with the rain! And I can't wait for the doggy Photoshoot!!

    ReplyDelete