Sunday 23 July 2023

A Fabulously Quiet Weekend


It happened. The impossible was achieved. We had A Quiet Weekend(tm). And it was glorious. 

I have been guarding this weekend all month, deliberately keeping it as free as possible. I will confess that on Saturday I did have a moment: there was a re-enactment event on in Falkirk and I did swither. But by the time I crawled out of bed, got dressed and opened the curtains to a persistent drizzle, the thought had left my mind.
Hubby worked Saturday, so I did both soggy dog walks and got cracking into a large sewing project. Christmas crafts have also begun, but I shan't say anymore lest eyes they are destined for happen across this page. 

I did get out for a bit as we had a get together with friends for the Barbie Movie. I loved it. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for a feel good childhood nostalgia trip with feminist undercurrents, you can't go wrong. Won't say any more...
Well, except to share my outfit. Of course we had to join in on the pink (except hubby, who doesn't own any pink on the basis that he's far too colourblind to see it). Originally assembled as a Nurse Joy outfit for my nephews pokemon party, my gloriously pink culottes got an outing:

Today was a quiet one with hubby. The shops been done, as have the chores, but in good company. A lots been going on behind the scenes, so it's been what I needed to recharge the batteries. 

So until next time, live your best life! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it, you actually managed a quiet weekend?! Quick, it must be a case of the body snatchers!

    ReplyDelete