Sunday 13 November 2022

Up and Down the Country


A very, very quick post as its been a bit of an all-over-the-place kinda week. For the bulk of it, I've was down in Birmingham for a work conference. Owing to train strikes, my team drove, which was pretty horrendous as six hours is a very, very long time when your tired and in the car.

Whilst there, I was also partaking in a poster competition where I had to present about a project I'd been involved in for 10 minutes, including a Q&A. I placed third, so was very pleased with my podium finish! Although I was not so pleased about being called up on stage to receive my certificate - I'll always prefer the comfort of the shadows to the limelight!

It was a very late finish by the time I got home Thursday. My sister was there along with my hubby to congratulate me. We had organised a sneaky crafts weekend with hubby's parents long before I knew I was going to be at the conference, so the quick turn around was not something we had planned for!

Hubby had a half day at work, so Missy and I were treated to pancakes out before my sister broke her wool ban and visited hobby craft. It was only three balls, so I think she can be forgiven!
Then it was time to get up the road. Missy enjoyed having company in the back and we all chatted and caught up with life on the journey.

The main focus for the crafting was resin. So Saturday morning was spent mixing colours and hoping for the best as we poured the goop into various moulds. We then managed a nice afternoon dog walk before going out to see Disney on Ice. You really couldn't have asked for a nicer day!

It was an early start back today. Partly because my house hasn't been properly tidied since before I left for Birmingham, and secondly, my sister was doing the double journey and going home to Manchester. At time of writing, she's still driving home, and I don't envy her in the slightest for such a long journey. 

Overall a great wee weekend! Just a pity I could do with a few more days to finish recovering from the week! 

1 comment:

  1. You got this post up quick! In total, both legs of the journey combined, that was a seven hour trip. Getting to spend the weekend with you, crafting, and Missy hugs? Well worth that seven hour drive!

    ReplyDelete