Monday 15 June 2020

A Very Merry Unbirthday


To who? 

To me! 

Yes. It's officially happened. Lockdown has driven us all mad. My hubby and sister decided to join forces and celebrate my unbirthday on my day one off shift rota day. I was treated to tea and cake in bed and was then given a jigsaw and:

Go give my sister some love, she deserves it far more than I do! Here is the blog of this cute little critter and his amazing cake, and she also details why an unbirthday intervention was deemed necessary. I'm not one to really admit when I've overstretched myself, and truly I don't mind helping and supporting everyone I can, but I may have got just a teeny bit happy-tears over her kind words and those of my husband. 

I really don't deserve such wonderful people in my life! 

I'm now on day 2 off and, having had a quiet day where I was allowed to indulge in simple easy hobbies and not worry about anyone else, feel far more refreshed! 

The parks are still super busy in afternoons, so we made an early start this morning to Oakbank Woods, a favourite walk of Missys (if her content snoring is anything to go by). I've erroneously called this woods the "Calder Wood" in the past, but we saw a sign hidden amongst the bright green trees stating Oakbank. Missy was too busy hunting rabbit and deer to pose for me, and I was happy to let her have fun. Her knees been bothering her with the muggy weather of late, but she was fine this morning and it seemed cruel not to let her enjoy herself. 

I was pleased to manage some sewing too. These projects are always faster when rested! Above are two little playsuits for my youngest neice who has been outraged at the overly hot spring down south. I made her a koi print one that matched the shirt I made for her dad and brother and she's never out of it. Whilst fish are cool, cats are way more her thing, and I had some purrfect fabric in my scraps stash that was just big enough to complete the project. I also added pockets because girls need pockets! They're important for putting lost things in.

Hmm. I feel a need to learn hat making after yesterday...
Although personally I am probably far more like the white rabbit than I would care to admit! 

1 comment:

  1. Big big hugs! You deserve a day all about you! And I love the play suits - they are adorable! And I'm sure they'll go down a treat!

    ReplyDelete