Sunday 3 February 2019

A wintry start to February

Well, the snow has arrived, not the snowmageddon levels of snow the met office promised, but we did get a little sprinkling to make the place feel a little more like winter and less of an eternal Autumn.


So, I for one am glad January is over - I think they should change the rhyme: 30 days hath September, April, June and November, all the rest have 31 except January, which has about 57 days in it...
There's no real reason why I've gotten so fed up with the never ending January, I'm just sick of it and feel like, with the new month and the arrival of snow, I can get my act in gear and get started with the year.


Its been a good sewing weekend. Missy enjoys the snow in small doses - everything smells great and its so exciting and then her arthritis bothers her and she hobbles about wanting her knee rubbed before she can get going again. At nearly six, I think her misspent youth murdering small animals and chasing much larger ones is starting to catch up - although she did give a squirrel a run for its money today, so I'm not sure how much of the grumpy old lady shtick is an act!


My latest sewing project is an upcycle, some nice new cushion covers for the dining chairs made with old jeans that were going to be thrown out. I'm hoping these are much hardier than my last set - who knew bottoms could be so damaging to fabrics? Although I do like the irony of denim jeans being sat on...


My other completed project is in the post, so I don't want to spoil the surprise and pop it on here until I know its been safely picked up. Its set to be a busy week this week, so I'm looking forward to have something to show off!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, my January has been the opposite, it's flown!

    Can't wait for my parcel to arrive!!!!!

    ReplyDelete