Monday 14 January 2019

A Busy Weekend

Well, I've hit the ground running for the year with two very busy days.

Firstly it was up to Perth for a girls catch up with my Inverness based friend. Owing to the hubby working Missy came along for the adventure and we managed a nice day first having lunch at Brewdog and then, after a wander along the high street, some tea and cake at the Bark and Chew.


Missy got some cake too as we all agreed that this was definitely the way to cater (or pander to be more accurate) to dog parents. Firstly Missy was given a blanket to lie on and then her own water bowl with a complimentary gravy bone before I ordered for her the puppy cake. As we waited for our cakes, we admired a spaniel (very bouncy) a dachshund (very dapper) and openly enjoyed the large GSD who could howl 'I love you' in response to his owners declaration of affection.
The cakes were absolutely delicious and I'm not sure what kind of doggy cake it was Missy got, but it certainly didn't last long!



Yesterday was a proper puppy play date - I'd offered to look after Maisie so that my brother could take our niece out as a belated birthday gift and,since they were dropping her off, they decided to bring Ben along and the three dogs enjoyed a walk around our old favourite haunt of Dechmont.
I don't have any photos of the walk as I was too busy puppy wrangling. Missy enjoyed chasing rabbits and Ben had a rare chance off the lead and bumbled along with us, keeping a safe distance from the puppy.


After saying cheerio and heading back to mine, both dogs relaxed and it was nice to see Maisie taking a reflective moment simply gazing out the window. A novelty I suppose for a dog living in a first floor flat, but she was very content and wasn't worried about going out when I opened the door for her or playing with all the toys I put out.
Chaos ensued when my brother turned up and she was suddenly a naughty little puppy again and jumped on the table! She then started barking and jumping on Missy and playing with her toys. He didn't believe me how calm and relaxed she'd been, so I'm fairly certain he's completely wrapped around Maisies little dew claw!


Sewing has taken a bit of a backseat. I'm dabbling in three separate projects based on how much time I have available and haven't made as much progress on any of them as I'd have liked. Hopefully I'll have a quiet evening or two and make a good push on some to have something to show for next week.

Overall a good weekend, but tiring! However there is no rest for the wicked and next weekend is booked out too for adventures. Perhaps one day I'll learn to slow down!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! You may say you need to slow down, but your as bad as me for staying still!

    But not as bad as Maisie...

    ReplyDelete