Sunday 21 May 2023

Pokémon Masters - Unite!

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
Catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause
I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Teach Pokémon to understand
The power that's inside
Pokémon!

It's the long awaited weekend, where pokemon masters across the UK gathered together to... eat cake and celebrate the youngest Nephews birthday! My nephew had specifically asked for a pokemon magic show for his birthday from my hubby and, being incapable of saying no to the niblings, of course we had to make that happen. The last few weeks have been spent secretly building props and rehearsing fun ideas and, I'm pleased to say, I think it paid off. 


But I'm getting ahead of myself. Firstly was the worst drive down to Manchester I've ever had (I blame my eldest neice who tagged along for the ride with us and my mum, she's jinxed!). Between people forgetting things, a crash on the M74 and overnight works shutting the M6, it took us 6 hours to get to Wythenshawe where we were staying. 

On the morning of the party I took Missy a nice walk and then we all got kitted up and made our way to help set up the party. Yep. We. Through inside contacts and a stretch of the truth of Missys status as a therapy dog, she came along as a real life houndour. I was a bit worried people would feel we were overindulgent about bringing her, but it was an absolute success. I have several wonderful photos of kids grinning away in gatherings about her, but I won't post them here on the Internet out of respect to the fact I don't have permission. 

The magic show went brilliantly. From Alakazams collapsing wooden spoon to pulling a scorbunny from a hat and a pokemon race that saw the birthday boy being the winner, it went great. The scorbunny was claimed by the birthday boy and I was pleased at a day well done. 

After that was a tidy up and a trip to the playpark before everyone, exhausted, ended up at my sisters for left over sandwiches and birthday cake. Nephew opened his pressies and I was delighted that the Espeon I made went down so well! Neice has commissioned. E for a female pikachu, so that's her birthday organised! Then we thieved off with some board games and introduced my eldest neice to Latice back at the Airbnb. 

Today was a meet up for the playpark and lunch before we set off back up the road. A short trip, but worth the effort. As I said to my hubby, it's days like this weekend that become core memories - this 6 year old pokemon party will be fondly remembered for thr longest time.

Missy is sleeping off her newfound fame (I often forget how smitten the extended family on that side are with her) and we're having a well deserved quiet evening ahead of work tomorrow.

Until next time - Gotta catch 'em all! 

1 comment:

  1. Missy rightfully stole the show, with the best magic act the parents have seen in years coming a close second. Although I have had to make it clear on the mums chat that no, the magician can't be hired for their little ones parties, he's family and it's a bit too long a drive!

    Also. Your right, this is most certainly a core memory for Inkling!

    ReplyDelete