Monday 15 May 2023

A Viking Victory


It's been a very quick weekend! My brother dropped off Pouty McPoutface on Thursday before going off on his Eurovision adventures, and Maisie quickly settled into the routing. I think she's stayed with us enough times now that she knows the routine!

I had the girls over Thursday and, it being the first time they've met Maisie, I'm pleased to say that first impressions we're good! Friday was a relatively quiet day with us all working and then the weekend was upon us. 

So, originally my friend was meant to come along to Duncarron, but cancelled, then I asked another, who also cancelled. I was set to just go myself when hubby (who was working) suggested my nephew to help dog wrangling.

And so I went with my nephew who was pleased to have gotten out of a day hanging about his parents office bored. He gets in very well with Maisie, so was happy to wrangle her for us! We still took turns with the archery and the axe throwing and my nephew qualified for the competition. At 5ft 11, he was made to compete with the adults, and came joit second, so to say he was pleased is selling it short!

We paused the day to take a walk around the reservoir and let the dogs cool down and then we were back in the fort for more viking shenanigans. They had a best dressed viking competition, which I put Missy in for as a joke. The Viking who was doing the announcement broke character and nearly fell over laughing at Missy. Whilst she got the loudest cheer, the prize rightfully went to one of the children (although several people came up afterwards and told me they thought she should have won.)

And that was the day. All done. 

Sunday was a quiet one to recover. Much sewing was done and, whilst Maisie dislikes the overlocker, she allowed me to use the sewing machine. 
Then my brother arrived to pick up Maisie, filled me in on his Eurovision adventures and that was that.

A pretty good weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Missy looks amazing as a viking! And glad you didn't have to go yourself, although our nephew needs to stop growing!

    ReplyDelete