Sunday 18 December 2022

A Pre-Christmas Pause


I think Missy is the only one ready to tackle Christmas this year! Honestly, I'm still flip-flopping between being the ghost of Christmas present and the grinch. Hubby has found his Christmas spirit, and hopefully I'll have grasped mine in time for the big day next week.

Yep. Next week. This time next week we'll be in a turkey induced coma whilst Muppets Christmas Carol plays away. I'm very much looking forward to it, but, despite the snow, and finishing my Christmas jigsaw, and getting the last stitch in the Christmas gift sewing, I'm not feeling it yet.

Missy had her Christmas Lead the Way walk yesterday. As usual, most folk were no shows, but we had a lovely time with those who did show up and Missy made a new friend in Sven (below with Missy atop Cockleroy, the only part of Beecraigs free of snow!) Hubby was full of Christmas cheer and handed out the unclaimed gift bags to anyone with a dog that made eye contact with him, which cheered everyone up no end.

After that was running a few errands before we started listening to A Christmas Carol, as read by Derek Jacobi. We have gotten as far as the arrival of the Ghost of Christmas Past, so it's going very well.

With Christmas sewing out the way, I spent today chilling out and getting on with some other things. This Strontium Dog dice bag has been a few years in the making - I'm sure we all have that one project that is forever being put down! I also reprinted and recut the pattern for my Inverness coat. I haven't been happy with it since it was finished, so I took apart the original one I made, seam by seam, and I'm remaking it in a smaller size with the pattern printed correctly. Here's hoping I'm happier with it this time!

There are presents to wrap and hot chocolate to drink, so have a Merry Christmas, and I'll write again when the festivities are over. 

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed you find your festive cheer! When you do, let me know if you find mine!

    The Inverness coat will be worth the extra work!

    ReplyDelete