Sunday 7 August 2022

A Quick Update



Well, it was only a matter of time really. Between Covid, seeing family, seeing friends and the summer show schedule, a quiet weekend had to be had. In the end, it was the borders trip that got me - between all the driving, caring for the two dogs and doing everything at the cottage, I'd basically burned out. Even though Maisie was off home, we had every evening booked, so by the weekend I called time out and took a quiet day. 

Dont get me wrong, there was serious FOMO, the Perth Show was on. The advertising looked amazing. But it will be there next year. So instead Missy and I enjoyed a quiet day in, paws up on the sofa and me at the sewing machine.

I won't give much away, except to say that the end of the month holds a really big treat. 

Hubby has also been busy with crafts, so if you were wondering about todays photos, then yes, they are "product" shots. He made the lead and collar and wanted some nice photos to go with them. 

Missy will never say no to bribery and posing! 

Today the hubby and I did the Tartan Titan: The World's Longest Inflatable Assault Course. (Another reason to rest Saturday!) After nearly killing myself at its predecessor in Murrayfield 5 years ago (OK, OK, I just badly winded myself and gave hubby and myself a bad fright), I was a bit more careful with this one. It still took 90 minutes to complete, and we were exhausted at the end, but it was good fun. Missy has no sympathy for us - I suspect we won't get away with giving her shorter walks for the next day or so whilst our old bones recover!

And that's us this weekend! 

OK, OK, one quick tease of our plotting:


Until next time! 

1 comment:

  1. Squee! I can't wait to see the rest of the sewing project!!!!!

    And also, you have been needing a quiet weekend for weeks, if the roles where reversed you would have been forcibly pinning me down to rest about three weeks ago!!!

    ReplyDelete