Monday 22 August 2022

A Belated Birthday post


Back to busy weekends! And this one marked the kick off of the birthday run!

Saturday was spent furiously working on crafts (big reveal next weekend, I promise!) before meeting up with the BIL for a birthday dinner.

Sunday was the main event, my birthday, and as hubby had decided to move his birthday from next weekend to share with me, it was almost like a Mini-Christmas. Tea and biscuits in bed, enjoying cuddles with Missy as we swapped gifts - the perfect start to a birthday.

Then we were off to give blood (I did legitimately try to book for the Saturday, but the vampires were unavailable at any time that suited me). That went well - iron came in at a whopping 134 (fail rate is 125), so I was delighted to cruise through to give blood without the malarkey of trying to get a better iron result intravenously. Even the nurse admitted she saw my history of iron fails and was nervous for me! 

And then we were off to Cammo Estate for a charity dog show with Lewis Leap (a bereavement charity for families that have lost children). Missy went in for Golden Oldie and Musical Sit, but placed in neither. I managed to win all the sweets at the "nail in a bale" stall and hubby won us some Irn Bru at the tombola. In addition to the doggy goodie bags, we did very well. 

Missy even felt up for a run and play afterwards, which was a delight to see. 

Not a bad start to the big birthday run! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an excellent start to the birthday run! Can't wait to see those crafts though!

    ReplyDelete