Sunday 3 April 2022

A Grrr-eat Weekend


It's been a quick weekend. Friday was a belated Xmas trip to the circus with my mum, and then Saturday was a trip to Glasgow to see my cousin before he emigrates to the States.

It was originally Big Sis' who came up with the plan and then I joined in too. Since mum was at mine, I had her stay the night and we hopped aboard the train in the late morning.
We met Big Sis at the station, with Wee Ben in tow. He was immediately pleased to see Missy and gave her his usual shy kisses.


From there it was a quick walk about George Square and then onto another train to my aunts. It was the sort of visit I generally avoid - a gathering in the house were everyone talks over each other, but I was pleased to have made the effort. I went on a dog walk and had a chance to catch up with my cousin properly. 

By the time 5 rolled around, it was time for me to go, so I bailed off and made the journey home myself (big sis and mum were catching the same second train whereas I'm on a different line, and I wanted some space to myself, so it was fine). 
Both cousins walked me to the station for the first train and that was really nice. Missy was much complimented as always, it being the first time they had properly met her as more than an aside on an adventure. Then off I went. 


I knew I'd missed my connecting train pretty much right away. So I took my time getting off the train and got some nice photos of Missy in the station. The train staff were enamoured at her posing and she was much fussed over. And thn it began.

There is a phenomenon I have discovered, in which dogs in general just seem to attract anyone mikdy inebriated in a six mile radius. And Missy is an absolute magnet. Our quick walk to kill time took ages as she stopped and allowed herself to be petted at almost every traffic light and bar.
It got no better on the train, and I found myself making polite small talk to several strangers, all wanting to share dog stories (and ask about my cross stitch, which I hadnt really thought about as an unusual hobby to see out and about these days - my sisters wild knitting has clearly made me immune to the oddness of crafting on the go!).

Then it was home, tea and a bath. Well deserved! 


Today was helping a friend move house. Always an exciting moment, and she kindly treated us to lunch for all the help. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she makes it a home. 

And that's it! The weekend is gone. I got some quick embroidery advice whilst at my friend's and have started the long process of embroidering thistles on my aunts dress for my cousins American wedding. 

One down, 27 to go... 

1 comment:

  1. Lol, Missy is definitely a magnet for everyone! And yes, I suspect my 'wild knitting' may have toned down your thoughts of crafting on the go!

    BTW, that thistle is amazing!

    ReplyDelete