Saturday 19 March 2022

Bringing in the Sun

A fine frost coats the dew. The rhubarb is sprouting. My greenhouse is full of little carpets of tiny green plants. The buzz of lawnmowers fills the air.

That's it. It's officially spring in my books!

I will wait a few more weeks for the frost to pass before letting loose the seedlings, but so far it's been a great start on the garden. In the planters I already have garlic shooting up, there's onions peeping out thier tips of thier shoots and the potatoes are slowly figuring themselves out, as they are want to do.
Very excited for the garden this year. 

With the good weather, we had my mum and brother visit, as well as our favourite fur-neice, Maisie. Little miss pouty was in fine form, careering about the garden and bouncing on the tables.
I showed my mum the progress on the dress for my aunt and we're both optimistic that she'll like it. Then it was lunch and a dog walk. 

It was surprisingly warm today, and both the dogs were in thier element. Missy flushed a handful of squirrels before watching, bemused, on the riverbank whilst Maisie enjoyed a paddle in the water. 
So it was warm, but not hot enough in Missys books to risk getting her paws wet!
Some things will never change...

After the walk, I carried on with my potting as we continued to catch up. I was genuinely sorry to see them go, but I will confess that I'm still pretty beat from my dance with covid. I think they picked up on my fatigue and said thier cheerios.

In final news, Missy was selected to try out the @burnspet Senior dog food. As you can see she was very pleased with the trial pack we received in the post (I swear, these days she gets more mail than me!)

That's all for today. Tomorrow is set to be a busy one - will fill you all in next week! 

1 comment:

  1. The garden is coming along well! And it's good to see you getting out again, just don't overdo it!

    ReplyDelete