Sunday 13 February 2022

Overdue Catch ups

This weekend was a reschedule of a cancelled Christmas get together. Our friend from Dundee came down to stay with us, and then we all visited our mutual Bonnyrigg based friends.

I've previously mentioned that this is our friend with the twins who is suffering from long covid. Almost 2 years after catching the plague, he still has the same energy levels as a new born kitten, and his covid booster prior to Christmas really set him back a step. 
Because of this, we have to think outside the box a bit in how to get the most boxes ticked per visit, without him overdoing things. We decided to divide and conquer; mum and I took the kids to soft play (weather has been appalling) and we left the boys to catch up whilst Missy snoozed off her extra long morning walk. 
Once we got back, dad went for a nap, the boys played with the kids and I dashed out with Missy for her afternoon walk. On return I joined in the drawing whilst mum cooked the dinner.
Once the kids were in bed, we all chatted and had a catch up together. Board games was the only box we missed, but I think it was a very successful day from there. 

Not a lot to say from there. I have a half dozen projects lined up and in the works now after my disastrous at knitting again (turns out I have some kinda wool allergy, I absolutely do not recommend ignoring it)
My stitching is a bit slow going owing to slightly swollen knuckles and my thumb degloving, so I've been using the energy to prep things instead. In addition to the pirate map Missy was helping with at the top of the page, I'm going to try a thrift flip with a rather unloved dress that deserves a second chance!

Not a lot more to say, we've all been rather tired today and getting everything put back in order for the week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about the wool! I suspect it's either too much (greasy) or too little (scales) lanolin that's the issue... But I am having fun finishing your project, no issues there! And when done, I'll give it a good soak in some conditioner and then a gentle wash and hopefully you'll be ok from there!

    Sounds like you had a well deserved quite week, and I look forward to seeing your sewing projects! Especially that thrift flip...

    ReplyDelete