Sunday 16 January 2022

Linhouse Glen

This weekend was officially our first adventure of the year - a new place has been found! Well, not really a new place, more an appendix to an existing place. 

We've enjoyed the Linhouse Circular for many years and, every time we pass the sign above, we look at the swamp it seems to be sinking into and decide, perhaps another day. Today was that day - spurred partly by the fact that I had listed the Linhouse Glen earlier this week on Dog Furiendly. Once the listing is live, I'll write a review: wellies definitely recommended.

After wading past the sign, you reach a little railway crossing. Its not quite as magical as the wardrobe from Narnia, but the effect is just the same, for once you (taking your time and safely, with dog on lead) Cross said railway line, you have left the boggy woodlands and are upon the glen:

The thin line of trees give way to meadow overlooking a steep embankment to a river, and the walking is easy going and very pleasant. With todays high of 7C,and the bright morning sun, I could have been fooled into thinking spring had arrived.

Indeed, once we got home, I've realised my daffodils are begining to sprout, as is my rhubarb. I sternly told the rhubarb to go back to sleep and then from there the days has dissolved into one of those pottering odd-job days. The big DIY is done, but there's some snags I'm fixing up, so it's been painting skirting today for me while hubby finally managed to get the carpet cut offs out to the tip. 

Yesterday we had the eldest neice round with my mother, and we all had lunch together before my neice got her overdue birthday gifts. She's really taken to jewellery making so I was pleased that the plier set and findings went down well (my sister supplimented the gift with gemstone beads which I suspect may last until the middle of next week at best, going by the speed neice is making bracelets!) 

And that's been the weekend. Busy, but quiet, certainly slower paced that recent weeks, which we've definitely needed! Fingers and paws crossed the weather holds and we can keep adventuring - we have some grand plans in the works for this year which I'm quite excited about.

Till next time! 

1 comment:

  1. Fingers and paws crossed! A quiet weekend has definitely been long overdue for you all!

    ReplyDelete