Thursday 31 August 2023

Trundling Through Time


It's that time of year again - Forces in the Field! Despite returning for the third year in a row, we had a blast (no pun intended). It was a cooler day than last year, which worked in our favour as Missy was happy to trundle about and look cute in her costume.

The event was definitely more focused on the World Wars this time and even had a competition for the different reenactment groups. (Although I voted for the NAFFI, I was absolutely delighted that the Women's Institute group won, they were a delight last year). NAFFI I hear you say, we'll, yes, this time the food was brought to us in good old British style:

A fun change to the burgers and chips normally on offer at Duncarron! Missy sat out of the gun demo, chilling with us girls instead as we tried to learn some crochet (it's still the devil's art, my poppy is most definitely a red sunflower) and Hubby watched the guns. He was very impressed at the display which included a mortar, which he hadn't seen go off before.

We did all manage to dress up, Hubby reused last years Home Guard costume and I went as a WW2 Propaganda Poster Nurse again. I was both flattered and mortified when people asked to have thier photo with Missy and myself! Our friend also joined in the fun as a WASP. Don't know what that is? Look them up, some very kick-ass ladies! 

I'll leave things there, it's been a very busy week, but I shall share the details at the weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome seeing the same costumes reused! Although Missy definitely stole the show again!

    And it's definitely a compliment if people are asking for photos - although having had the same thing recently with vikings...yeah, definitely mortifying!

    ReplyDelete