Saturday 6 May 2023

A Catch up for the Coronation


It's been... A bit up and down the last few weeks. So, I'll start at the beginning:

The ups? Caught up with friends and we've started a new campaign boardgame called the Animals of Baker Street. It's super cute aesthetically, it has a great game mechanic and we all love our characters. I'm really looking forward to working through the campaigns over the next few months! 

Hubby and I went to see The Ocean at the End of the Lane in the theatre, as a belated anniversary date. 
Just go. Go and see it. You will thank me. 

Then after that, my Manchester based sister managed a sneaky trip up for the bank holiday. She's had a lot in her plate, between the after effects of covid and ill health in the greater family, she really needed a break where she could hand over the car keys and put her feet up for two days. She wanted to have a quiet day at mine, and then spend the second one giving the wider family a surprise visit. 

I had the family come here, neice and nephew leapt out from under the table and there was delight all round. I showed them round the House of The Binns, which is where I'm planning my neices photoshoot of her prom dress.

Then sister went home, visiting Stumpy at the Five Sisters before leaving (I was in work at that point, jealous isn't a strong enough word!)

So, the downs? I'll start with the biggie - after the bug surprise get together, my mum messaged to say she had covid. So I've spent half the week as a headless chicken trying not to panic at all the vulnerable people I've been about. (My mum is fine, otherwise that would have been the primary concern!) 

No, back to the start. Missy injured her shoulder - nothing serious, but it's been short walks and bed rest for 3 weeks now, and she's getting frustrated. Her health behind the scenes isn't spectacular, but it's being monitored and I'll update when I know what's going on. The vets assure me it's nothing serious, but it's hard not to fret. 

Big sister is struggling with a full plate owing to I'll health in the wider family and her own health. Sound familiar? Unlike my other sister, big sister doesn't take time out for herself and then ends up off loading to you in a 2 hour long phone call. Every attempt to get her away from the house to have time to herself doing something she wants gets cancelled because of the family. 

Which included today. I did not intend to do very much with the Coronation today (we have my friends coming tomorrow with the neice and nephew to have a Coronation themed lunch), but I did want to do something a little more than being stuck in my same four walls again.

So I ended up having a sewing day and listened to the Coronation on the radio. It was a productive sewing day (grand unveil next week) and I got some magic props made for my nephews party. I cheered up in the end, but it's been an odd run for me.

Still, adventures are planned for next week when Missy should be fully recovered (she already is, but the vet said to give her a week longer than we feel she needs). We also have a certain little Pouty McPoutface coming for a girls weekend, so even if it all goes wrong, there's bound to be a funny story to tell! 

1 comment:

  1. I think we all need a big hug! Tha m you for letting me catch a short break, it was sorely needed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Missy and I'm eagerly awaiting your sewing project reveals!

    ReplyDelete