Sunday 4 October 2020

Prancing about the Pineapple House

It's been another funny week. I've been in a flump, and then I've gotten frustrated at myself for feeling a bit blue which puts me back in a flump. We officially canned hopes of going away for our upcoming annual leave (we had never planned anything ambitious, but with talk of a circuit breaker lock down and restrictions getting more severe in other bits of the country, even a midweek break to Perth seems risky). 

So I've decided I'm going to embrace Halloween. I'm building a window display (expect some Halloween crafts next week) and we're adding some spooky embellishments about the house. We have some creepy audio books lined up for the evenings and have a list of classic horror (well, gothic, I don't like gory horror) movies lined up to watch at weekends.

There was another storm this weekend so yesterday was an absolute wash out of a day. You know it's bad when Missy doesn't want to go out! But that was OK, I spent some time prepping up some craft projects before getting the Halloween decorations up. 

Then today was the next letter for the #leadthewayatoz. I'd already decided on the Pineapple House for when P came up (I have a list of some fun places that will work for certain letters) so gave my older sister a call and a puppy play date with Wee Ben was put together. 

I love her to pieces, but I find it hysterical how different my sister is to me, from her atrocious time keeping to her wonderful optimism that the weather will be fine. Noting the rain from last night, I'd brought wellies to wear - at least my sister had trainers, but my eldest neice was in converse. There was much scuttling about the edges of paths and a few gallant leaps over puddles whilst I waded through it all and laughed at the shrieking. It was all taken in good humour, though I do not envy my sister and the laundry she will be doing tonight! 

My neice also got stuck up a tree, and then my nephew (I think to prove her wrong, as younger brothers are prone to do) also got stuck in the same tree. I got photos of it all, but alas, I am not permitted to share, so you will just have to imagine the awkward shrieks and many bottoms up in the air. 

I've been scrap busting again (in a bid to stop it getting as out of hand as it once was) and I was pleased to put together these tote bags. They are in preparation for Christmas as I am hoping to go a bit more eco friendly and try not to use lots of wrapping paper. 

Well, that's all for now. I have webs to spin and spiders to decorate! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the Halloween fun!!!
    And it has been a tough few weeks for us all, the important thing is that your making yourself get out your flump!

    ReplyDelete