Sunday 24 May 2020

Dog(s) are Better the People



The Frozen reference will make more sense at the end of the post! Although saying that, I've gotten rather fed up of people recently. Twice this week I've had to chase loitering teens off the narrow bridge at the park; I don't care if you want to ignore the rules, but please don't block peoples way, there's plenty of space elsewhere in the park to spread your germs to each other!

I've actually been thankful for some bad weather, its gone back to just the dog walkers in the park for the last few days. Missy is missing her canine buddies who've obviously changed routine to avoid the crowds roaming about aimlessly (just to clarify, I have nothing against people out walking and exercising, its the loitering about that's annoying me), so she was pleased to meet a lab friend and go for a bounce whilst us owners gave one another a passing wave.



I've taken some annual leave and used the time to catch up on some rest and get the next big push on with the garden. My radishes are about ready - one was sacrificed to the snail gods, so hopefully the rest of the crop will not be nibbled on! I've also been doing a ton of sewing, which I'm pleased about as I was worried my creative mojo was flagging a bit.

I'm not going to share the latest project (that will be at the end of the month after its been wrapped, sent, and finally awaited the special day to then be unwrapped). So I will share this project I actually finished a few weeks ago, but just haven't had the time to get it on the mannequin and photographed.


So, this is on the back of the "Disney Bounding" craze. When I was in Disneyland Paris (oh so very, very long ago it feels now), we talked about ideas and different family and couple ideas. My sister was very keen on the family ideas but, with my niece disliking dresses on the basis that she cant run about and climb, a princess pairing wasn't working. I suggested culottes and an idea was born for myself to try - a princess dress for myself that was basically a set of trousers that look like a skirt.
Yep, look close, those are trousers.
Hand embroidered with all the button covers done by hand too.

Needless to say, when we hit lock down, it took the literal wind out of my sails. My aspirations of strutting about Disneyworld in Florida next year (which fortunately whilst pretty much fully organised had not been booked) had to be Let (it) Go. It was to be hubby's first time out there, and my First Time in Forever as I haven't been since I was 15.

So this sewing project was quietly completed with no fanfare and put aside. It was only when I was photographing some other bits I realised it was on the to photo pile. Perhaps it'll get a chance for a proper outing when things go back to normal. Next year probably, I dont care what Disney park, but hopefully In Summer when it'll be warm.

I'll stop there now. Below is the inspiration for the dress for those who have been reading this thoroughly confused. If you are confused, go watch Frozen, its good, not worth the epic hype, and then go watch the sequel which is a far superior film.







1 comment:

  1. So many Frozen references! I do love the finished outfit, and it definitely needs to get some wear! It also opens up so many new ideas...

    ReplyDelete