Sunday 22 September 2019

Busy busy!


It's been a busy couple of weeks! The blog posts have been staggered so I've not written about the last two weeks despite regular updates. 

I was away last week to Alton Towers as a girls holiday- the hubby is one of the honorary girls, which gives us all a good laugh and my sister managed a cheeky wee day off to join us too. We may have broken one friend (note, spinny rides do not agree with everyone!). It was all good fun though.

Missy was not left out, the in laws kindly house sat for us and Ruby came to visit. Despite best efforts I did not puppy proof the house as well as I thought I had - Ruby was very, very, *enamoured* with a fleecy cuddly sheep and ate half my coasters. Lesson learned and they are easy enough to replace! She got to keep the sheep, after seeing the poor thing being humped a dozen times she was more than welcome to it!

Ruby is not so little anymore!
Then it was home, a quiet weekend and a busy busy week at work. Friday was a reprieve as I got to go play with greyhounds at the Greyhound Rescue Fife - my company does a corporate volunteer scheme where we get two days paid volunteering, and I always make sure to use them! I saw a puppy greyhound for the first time and met some absolutely lovely dogs. If Missy were not so happy as an only dog she'd have been at high risk of a new sibling. As it was she insisted on spending the evening hugging and cuddling me, just to make sure I knew who I belonged to!


The weekend was wrapped up with a catch up with friends at the Kelpies. It's the last hurrah of summer and, at 21C, the place was mobbed. I made sure to keep Missy on the grass and got her in the water to be safe, and she was happy to trundle along with us.

I tend to share my sewing and not my artwork here, but I couldn't resist finishing with a few sketches. I finally got my sisters birthday present to her - a scrap book of our Disney holiday together. She loves holiday scrapbooks but with a young family has no time to make one herself. I really pushed the boat out and made sure every page was covered in doodles and little mementos we had picked up. I even included little cartoons of those moments you never catch on camera, like Donald Duck stealing my hat, or the kids on the Small World ride who adored every second whilst their parents were terrified on the cheesiness! So I'll leave you with a few of my favourite moments:







2 comments:

  1. Love! Love! Love!

    Very smitten with it! As are the kids! You didn't include The Pizza Incident though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I would have but couldnt get a good photo of it!

      Delete