Monday 12 August 2019

Birthdays and Baths

Its been an odd week - we're getting a new bathroom fitted and, as with all these kinds of jobs, its invariable grown arms and legs. Basically the plaster on my 70 year old 50s build had given out and needed replaced, setting us back a week.
Missy doesn't like change. We all joke about how she doesn't like Christmas and always seems happiest after visitors have left and life is normal again, but that's very normal. So a week of having strange people coming and going, drilling and hammering and banging about has really put her through a loop. 


She also doesn't like me working from home. If I'm in the house surely I am there to do as she wishes? Opening doors, inviting her onto the sofa, playing with the squeaky toys, giving her cuddles - all the things a human is meant to do. Not sit at the dining table staring at a screen and occasionally talking to myself wearing my very fashionable Britney Spears-esque headset.
I had to apologise on a call when she decided to play the squeaky toys at me and I can only iagine what the flies on the wall thought of my frantic miming for her to just lie down and not go into the hall where there were workmen drilling.


Friday was big sisters birthday and, after joking that I really had to steal a shower ad would come bearing cake and gifts, she organised a get together in her house for us all. As a surprise, she ran me a bath and I got to have a long overdue soak whilst my hubby helped build my sisters new sofa.
She always has the oddest parties, and coming from me, that is saying something!

Saturday I tried to make amends with Missy and we had a nice quiet day with lots of cuddles on the sofa and her favourite local walks. The weather was fair, so I also got work done in the garden as she sunbathed.

Sunday...not to fair. It was positively horrendous. I had organised a girls meet up in Perth and, despite doing our best to stay out the rain, we got pretty soaked through. In fact, you can how bad the weather was when I took just one photo:


I follow Dog Friendly Perthshire on Facebook (owing to the fact that I often end up there for days out) and The Yard has been advertised as a new local venture and, most importantly, dog friendly. Its a pop up foodie thing and we had lunch there (the waffles were to die for) and admired all the dogs. My only complaint was that there wasn't anywhere comfortable for Missy to lie down, it being coarse gravel underfoot. Food was great though and we still had a nice time. 
Then we headed into the city centre and rocked up at the old favourite, the Bark and Chew. We were too stuffed from the waffles to enjoy cake as planned, so just had some tea whilst Missy napped under the table.
And that was the weekend! Short and sweet.

Now back to the banging and drilling, I do hope Missy forgives us soon!



1 comment:

  1. Oh bless! Poor thing!

    I'm sure it'll be worth it all in the end! At the very least, when mummy isn't being a mermaid in the new bath, she'll be back to having quality mummy time and peace and quiet during the day with no builders!

    ReplyDelete