Monday 14 October 2024

Getting Spooky


Well, the Halloween decorations are up and we are somehow already halfway through the month! It's been a grind since the last update - in part due to a very hectic work schedule on my part prior to my annual leave last week, and also due to the fact that hubby handed in his notice. Was there a new job, nope, but I was absolutely burned out keeping in top of my own work and every other aspect of the house and our lives and couldn't cope any longer. Something has to give, and that was the cause of hubby's listlessness, his utter apathy about life and, for the first time in his life (lucky for some) anxiety, which was work.

As I have told many, he was sold a unicorn and was handed a mule with an ice cream cone strapped to it's head. Which really, is a slur on the mule. Less said the better.

I'm quite glad that hubby talked me out of cancelling our short break at Alton Towers. With some significant maintenance due on the house, I was in a panic about finances, but just before we left we got the good news that he'd been accepted for a manager role in a store I know will suit him well. Whilst we definitely have to be careful, I was able to go away and enjoy my time being spun about on roller coasters. My sister even joined us for a day, which makes it all the more worthwhile a trip.

Missy wasn't left out. We tried her with a new dog boarder and, after being sent photos of her doing her Goldilocks impression and stealing the other dogs bed and then the humans space on the sofa, I knew she'd be fine. 
We received glowing reports upon pick up - the terms "calm", "wee angel", and "just so chill" we're all said and she's been invited back. So alls well there!

Now we are peak spooky season, I'm pleased to announce that we have also signed up as scary actors again for a haunted tour at a historical house. Good times!

Will there be lots of last minute crafting? Absolutely. What am I doing? Making a dark Fae outfit with an emphasis on the dark, evil creature of the woods kinda Fae. There will be antlers and a dark shroud and some very long, very sharp claws for stealing children.

That's all for now, we're all still beat from the vacation, but are definitely in a better place than this time last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment