Sunday 19 March 2023

La Fête des Mères

 

Another Disneyland Paris trip down - so I'm feeling decidedly French at the moment! 

Its been a busy few weeks - the leadership course I've enrolled on at work has kicked off and I found myself shortlisting candidates and coordinating interviews for a summer intern position. Then I had my niece round Friday afternoon to sort out one photos for her art project and to make a start on her prom dress. I shall update progress reports on that accordingly! 

Following that, I had a very quiet Saturday before going to my friends on Sunday to crash over in preparation for an early morning flight. 


Key notes of the holiday:

Friend 1 is cursed. She broke her toe 3 weeks ago and both flights were delayed, our return journey had to undergo safety checks having struck a bird. 

Friend 2 is as bad for people watching as myself. Her favourite past time quickly turned out to be watching the character interactions as we waited in the queues. She also had an overwhelmed mini meltdown meeting Stitch for the first time. She was more composed for our second attempt, and managed to get some photos where she wasnt crying out of sheer overwhelmed happiness.

There is no such thing as too many layers. I peaked at 5. Just because the forecast says 11C, doesnt mean its warm, the parks are awful for windchill. But saying that, if you find a sunny spot, practise your best cat impression and bask. It will be glorious. 

We clocked in a whopping 11 meet and greets, covering 17 characters in the 3 days. Friend 1 did not do well with the rides, so we fell back on meet and greets and had a whale of a time. 


Following a very late return, I was glad to have Saturday to myself. Hubby was working and, though that meant both dog walks, I was quite happy with that arrangement. We'll, at least until Missy decided that she had got over the excitement of my return and gave me the cold shoulder/side eye for the day. 


She forgave me this morning and arrived from her morning walk with a card and malteasers for me, as is tradition. We followed the day up with getting some errands done about the house before going to explore the Banchory Village (aka the abandoned insane asylum). It's slowly getting smaller and smaller as the developer is progressing with rearing down the original buildings. I will be quite sad to see it go. 

We popped by Dobbies to get some new fish and adopted a new tree for the garden. I was told 4 fruit trees meant an orchard, so I'm 1 down with 3 to go! (it's a cherry tree, which brings us full circle to Disney for those in the know) 

Time to get organised for a busy work week! Until next time!


1 comment: