Sunday 4 September 2022

Dogfest comes to Scotland


The busy bees run continues! This week has been focused on getting the kitchen completely emptied out and making way for our new one which gets installed tomorrow. It arrived on Tuesday, so my house legitimately smells like flat pack furniture and looks like a corner of hell especially made for IKEA employees....

Missy has been very unimpressed about it all. Whilst we joke about her disliking Christmas etc, what she really suffers is a dislike to change. So living in flat pack city is definitely not her idea of fun.
Needless to say, I was prepared for the extra clingyness this week and she's been spoiled rotten. Which is nothing new! 

Saturday was my dance show, the first with my new dance school, and the first since Covid, so I felt very out of practice and quite nervous. Still, I danced as well as I could and smiled during my mistakes so that no one would hopefully notice. It went really well. The school is a really nice one; still exam focused, but not as heavily so as the previous one (one exam per year compared to three). The adults also felt like part of the show, unlike my very first school (tap only) where the "mums class" was kinda treated like a one trick pony at the show and I was never really keen on it. 
But I digress. It went great. We all had good fun, and my mum and hubby came along to watch and clap for me. 

So, onto today and Dogfest. Pets as Therapy asked for volunteers for the day, and we were happy to answer the call. I was a bit anxious that Missy wouldnt be in the mood to perform for the masses, but she proved me wrong by giving all the other volunteers a good cuddle and then proceeded to tart herself out to anyone who approached. 

Hubby excels at these situations. He quickly came up with a catch phrase - "does your dog like cuddles? Does it need more? Then this is the stall for you!" and basically pimped out PAT to all the passersby (whilst also hugging and kissing all the other dogs). His demeanour quickly rubbed off on the rest of us and the two hour slot passed very quickly. 

I feel sorry for the chap taking back the poloshirts we borrowed, they're absolutely covered in muddy paw prints! 

It wasn't all work and no play. My mum and brother came along (as did Maisie) and we met up to do some of the fun dog shows and the big dog walk. We bagged some freebies and also bought a few nice things for Missy, so a win win! 

Right, I could ramble on all day, but there's still a few small jobs to get done before the kitchen fitters arrive tomorrow!
Until next week! 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the kitchen! And Dogfest looks like it was a success!

    ReplyDelete