Sunday 26 June 2022

P in the Park


It's finally the Summer and the events and festivals are in full swing. 

We had a quick week - firstly our usual evening commitments and then Friday was a volunteer day for me, out walking greyhounds at the Fife Greyhound Rescue. The greyhound rescue is always a great day, made better by the wonderful weather we had. 
Then once I got home we had our Liverpool friends visit. They were finishing thier tour of East Scotland and we were the last stop before home. Won't lie, it was a very late night, but you can't complain when it's good company!

Saturday was pancakes for breakfast and then they headed off to England whilst we were off to P in the Park. 
It's the first year it's been hosted and, whilst there were a few things I think they could improve on for next year, it was overall very enjoyable. 

There was a market, a give it a go agility course, timed races and also demos. We really enjoyed the K9 sniffer dog demo and talk and Missy did well in the race too (1 minute 15, not bad for a golden oldie!). We picked up some nice bits at the market too before heading home again. 

From there we've kept the rest of the weekend pretty quiet. I've been pottering about the garden - things are now becoming edible: the spinach had come and gone, home grown lettuce has been padding out our salads and today I picked almost 4.5kg of gooseberries from 1 of my 3 bushes! 

I've been getting on with my arts and crafts too - below is a set of dungarees I put together for my liverpuddlian friends little one. I've been meaning to make a togepi inspired outfit for years, and I've now finally done it! Very pleased with the oi9. 

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to hear P in the Park went well! And also, those dungarees are ridiculously cute!

    ReplyDelete