Sunday 18 August 2019

Normal Programming will resume shortly

Well, that's the bathroom in, we had a few hiccoughs - some just the fault of the house (rotten dry boards) and some on the part of the company (they originally tried to put the wrong flooring in), but its done. And we are all very, very glad that that's the case.

The weather has been on and off. Heavy rain then bright sun. That with just being worn out from two weeks of quite invasive work being done, all of us were far too tired to think of adventures. So this weekend has been a quiet one with all of Missys favourite local walks peppered in. We did Beecraigs on Saturday and explored a new path and today was Murieston.

As a treat for being so good, I made Missy a snuffle matt:


A what? A snuffle matt. She has discovered these at her Intermediate 2 dog training, and absolutely adores them. You hide a few treats in the fleece strands and she will happily snuffle at them for ages. They were selling them at the centre, but at £18 a pop, I knew I'd be able to put one together for a fraction of the price. I always try and support local businesses, but there's a line in the sand and that crossed it - I made Missys for an almighty £2 as I had masses of scrap ends of fleece and just bought a sink matt to act as the base.

I think she's very pleased! She even tried to help make it:


In an earlier than expected update (as someone was naughty and opened their birthday present early) I've been playing with vintage patterns. I found this adorable apron pattern and just had to make it for my sister:


She's daft on cats and I felt the somewhat twee fabric was a perfect (or should that be purrfect?) match to the pattern. Apparently my niece wants one too, so there may be more in the future! 

I expect next week will be a little more back to normal with the adventures, I think it'll take he whole week to get back to sorts!

1 comment:

  1. I probably should feel at least slightly embarrassed, but I'm totally not! It is purr-fectly paw-some!

    And I hope you all get back to the normal routine soon now that the work in the house is all done!

    ReplyDelete