Saturday 16 February 2019

Ravenscraig Castle and Park

Officially the first castle of the year!


Ravenscraig Castle (not to be confused with the woods we did earlier this year) is a pretty desolate ruin on the beach by Kirkcaldy. Ironically, one of my work offices is right by the castle and, until today, I had no idea it was there - I've driven right past it dozens of times!


It was a family affair with the hubby, my brother, Maisie (aka Little Miss Pouty), my mother and Missy all meeting up for the walk. We met at the lower car park by the beach and the weather has definitely turned to spring, so everyone found the day very enjoyable. We started with a walk along the beach and to the dovecot before going through the park and over to the castle itself. Pouty is coming along very well and has (mostly) figured out her recall - now all she needs is to learn to pose for me!


We finished with another stroll on the beach going in the opposite direction and met Hector, a very energetic and bouncy labradoodle who insisted on coming along with us on our walk and played with both Missy and Maisie. When one of our two started to lose interest, he'd provoke them into another round of chase by thieving either Missys squeaky duck or Maisies stick.
Missy has never understood the appeal of sticks. They don't squeal like a dying animal so she isnt interested - and knowing friends whose dogs have suffered impaling injuries from sticks, I'm not going to encourage it. So she gets a squeaky toy instead!


Last week was a holiday over to Copenhagen to celebrate my father in law retiring (hence the missed post) and it was a really nice holiday. I ate far too many cakes and sweets, which is surely a sign of a great holiday! Missy got to have a holiday with the dog walker and I was really pleased to get photo updates each night - a much better alternative for all of us than kennels! 
Last time we kennelled her Missy she chewed her paws to the meat (she displays anxiety by licking/chewing her paws) so it turned out to be a very expensive experience once we included all the vet bills... Never again. This was our first proper trial with more than an overnight stay boarding and all of us were relived to find her in one piece - it certainly opens the door for us to go overseas a little more frequently.

In sewing news, I finished one of my really big projects just in time for the Chinese New Year which I teased in my last post: A full family ensemble in Chinese silk:



Super pleased with them - and they were well received and all fitted perfectly which I was pleased about - I always panic about sizing and the final fit when I don't have the recipient on hand. There are more detailed shots on my Instagram @missdaisysewing.

2 comments:

  1. They were very appreciated and much loved! Though Inkling stole the show in his tiny waistcoat...

    Good to hear about the holiday and that Maisy is coming along well! Missy is definitely a good doggy teacher!

    ReplyDelete